ALWASY put your BEST foot forward! Most people ask me, "What should I do to my house to make an impact on buyers that won't break the bank?"
Here are some things that are pretty much fool proof:
1. Do a Deep Clean----> If you don't have time or just simply don't feel like it, hire out! This can be a cost effective, time-saving choice when preparing to list a house! Check Groupon for a good deal and make sure your home SPARKLES for prospective buyers! Having a clean home really goes A LONG WAY! It helps for your home to be clean, and smell good! You don't have to go baking cookies or anything silly like that, but a nice wall plug-in will do the trick!
2. Fresh Paint----> When in doubt, paint! Not everyone has the same taste in color and décor as you do, so go with something neutral! Buyers want a fresh start when they move in to your home, and don't want to feel overburdened with having to paint every room in the house. Your home will appear fresh and clean with new interior paint, and will ultimately help you sell your home FASTER and for MORE $$$$$!! And who doesn't want that!? Also consider white trim, because that is what buyers expect these days (unless it is completely out of character for the style of home you have.)
3. Declutter----> When you declutter your home, each room will become more appealing to buyers and feel LARGER! The last thing you want is for buyers to feel claustrophic while walking through your home, surrounded by your interesting (...or weird) collectables, too many furniture pieces, overwhelming amount of family photos on tables or mounted to the walls, and knick-knacks everywhere! This will also help you pack in phases, since you will be moving soon! Decluttering can also be a great way to make yourself feel GOOD by donating unwanted or unused items. HIGH-FIVE, way to give back!
4. Window Treatements----> Still got window treatments up from when you bought the home, or from many years ago??? Chances are they're making your home look dated! One of the first things I do in staging a home is go to Homegoods and buy black curtain rods and long panel curtains for windows. This is especially important for staging in important rooms such as the living room, family room, dining room and master bedroom. This is very inexpensive! Many of the curtains I buy are around $20-25 for a set, and the curtain rods are about $16 a piece. If you're not sure what to pick, look on Pinterest for Free ideas!
5. Kitchen Cabinets---->If your cabinets are dated and it is not in the budget to replace them, try painting them! You can hire a painter to do this professionally, or you can try it on your own! Before painting your kitchen cabinets on your own, make sure you research how to do this. There are several steps involved and requires a good deal of sanding. If you're going to spend all the time and energy to do it yourself, you obviously want to do it right! Another great way to up your kitchen game is to change out the hardware on your cabinets! This is simple and can go a long way!
6. Stage to Sell----> Staging is very important. Many buyers make a decision based on how a home makes them feel. Even though they know the items in the home are not staying with the home, it is hard for them to get a home out of their head when it looks so CUTE! Do not underestimate the power of cute decorating. This also goes hand-in-hand with #4, window treatments. Having cute bedding, window treatments and other furniture and décor seriously helps to sell a home FASTER and again, for MORE MONEY!!! Try to work with what you have first, and see if you need to pick anything up from (my favorite store) Homegoods, your realtor (hopefully me!), family/friends, or even a professional staging company in some circumstances (Christina and Tarak of HGTVs Flip or Flop always hire a stager).
7. Fix up your Green Space----> Getting down and dirty in your lawn can go a LONG WAY! This is your home's first impression to buyers. Spreading dark multch, planting flowers, making sure the grass is cut, putting potted plants next to the front door, trimming bushes, having a nice front door mat, putting out a nice flag in the front, and also re-sealing your driveway make such a different and will help you to blow away the competition!
For more information about buying and selling a home, please contact Jackie Angiello with Realty Executives at 630-668-1199 or email me at email@example.com !!!
FOR SALE!!! 2760 Leonard Lane, North Aurora, IL! Only $274,000!
Author:Jackie Angiello Phone: 630-518-1644 Dated: November 4th 2015 Views: 308 About Jackie: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
At Realty Executives Premiere…
...we are dedicated to setting the standard for leadership and customer service in the Western Suburbs real estate market.
We have extensive knowledge of each of the communities located in the Western Suburbs and surrounding areas and will work tirelessly on your behalf to make your next real estate buying or selling experience a pleasant and successful one. Our services include working with both buyers and sellers in a wide array of real estate markets including residential, commercial, land, and other related property types. We maintain the highest possible standards and provide our clientele with a complete real estate solution.
OUR AGENTS AND A COMMITMENT TO SERVICE
Our company provides real estate agents dedicated to serving your every real estate need. At Realty Executives Premiere,our agents are committed to prov iding a superior level of service in order to ensure the smoothest and most beneficial outcome to each and every real estate transaction. Our agents maintain exceptional knowledge of the local real estate market, outstanding negotiating skills, and the experience necessary to give you the service you deserve. Professionalism, dedication, and knowledge make Realty Executives Premiere the perfect choice when selecting a real estate professional.
HELPING YOU SELL YOUR PROPERTY IN THE MOST EFFECTIVE MANNER POSSIBLE
Selling a home or other type of real estate is a much more involved process than most people realize. It is our commitment to help sell your home or property in a timely fashion while helping you attain the highest possible price for your real estate. We provide outstanding exposure to your property through both traditional means of advertising while maintaining a comprehensive approach using today's modern techniques including web advertising. With tremendous selling experience combined with our comprehensive selling methods, we will ensure that your home selling process is a smooth and enjoyable experience.
MAKING THE REAL ESTATE BUYING PROCESS A SUCCESSFUL ONE
At Realty Executives Premiere, we find that providing outstanding services for our buyers includes combining superb area and market knowledge with experience you can trust. For buyers looking for homes or other real estate here in Wheaton or other surrounding communities in DuPage County, IL, we will work with you to find your ideal home through the employment of a wide array of resources. From free online access to search every home in our market to our dream home finder form, we will make sure all your real estate buying needs are met for all Wheaton, Glen Ellyn, Winfield, Warrenville, West Chicago, and Lombard, area homes. In addition, once we've narrowed down your search to the ideal real estate you are looking for, we can begin the home showing process so you can get a closer look at the homes that should be a good fit for you. Once this has taken place, we will utilize our outstanding negotiating skills in order for you to receive the best possible price for your new property.
We look forward to serving all your real estate buying needs.
here are some homeowners that have been waiting for months to get a pr
"“I love the “family” atmosphere at the Premiere office, and I have been given the freedom to truly run my own business - even as I enjoy the support, technologies, and Broker counsel of our Realty Executives brand. The strong name recognition of this company in the western suburbs gave me the strong start that I needed.”
This is a perfect business model for team-building and collaborative efforts. I will be forever thankful that I have been able to team up with the best in the business.